Please tell your primary care provider if you are taking any blood thinners, aspirin or insulin and follow their directions. Do not take any medication 8 hours prior to your surgery, unless instructed to do so by your surgeon or a nurse at Woodbury Surgical Suites.
- If anesthesia or sedation has been administered, it is extremely important to arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home after surgery and to have someone look after you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Please shower or bathe prior to surgery.
- Brushing your teeth the morning of surgery is ok, but please do not drink any water after brushing.
- A Woodbury Surgical Suites nurse will contact you prior to surgery to review your health history, medications and pre-operative instructions.
- Please notify your surgeon if there is a change in your physical condition such as cold, fever or respiratory problems.
- Do not eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to your surgery, including no hard candy, cigarettes, or gum. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.